Fair   40.0F  |  Forecast »
Bookmark and Share Email this page Email Print this page Print Feed Feed

Show Your Support for Breast Health Awareness

State your interest in a Komen Nebraska license plate

The State of Nebraska is now allowing non-profit organizations to design their own license plates, and the Nebraska Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is interested in developing a specialty license plate of their own!

 


 

In order for a non-profit organization to apply for a specialty license plate, they must have 500 prepaid applications to submit to the State of Nebraska. At this time, the Komen Nebraska Affiliate is only gathering interest and not requiring an application or prepayment of any sort.

If you have any interest in a Komen Nebraska license plate, please email info@komennebraska.org. Although the plate design has not been finalized, it will include the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Nebraska logo and pink running ribbon symbolic of the Komen Promise to end breast cancer forever.

The additional fees for the plate are $100 (due at initial application, $30 of which is a donation to Komen Nebraska) and $70 each annual registration renewal, in addition to any standard renewal fees from your County Treasurer.

Additional information regarding this state program can be found at http://www.dmv.ne.gov/dvr/specialty/organizational.html.

About Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Komen Nebraska Affiliate
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever, and in 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Nebraska Affiliate is part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Komen Nebraska Race for the Cure, the Nebraska Affiliate has invested nearly $5 million in community breast cancer programs in a 91-county area encompassing all of Nebraska, excluding Thurston and Dakota. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stays in Nebraska. The remaining 25 percent funds international breast cancer research. For more information, call (402) 502-2979 or visit www.komennebraska.org.

Add your comment: