Fair   52.0F  |  Forecast »
Bookmark and Share Email this page Email Print this page Print Feed Feed

THE NEBRASKA AFFILIATE OF SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE®

TO HOST “PUTTIN’ ON THE PINK: A PARTY WITH PROMISE” COCKTAIL RECEPTION RECOGNIZING GRANT RECIPIENTS, AWARD WINNERS, SUPPORTERS

 

Omaha, Nebraska – March 18, 2011 – On Friday, April 8th, 2011, the Nebraska Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® will host their annual “Puttin’ on the Pink: A Party with Promise” cocktail event. The evening will feature hors d’ouevres, drinks and a silent auction. The event will be held at the Baxter Ford showroom, 18505 California Street in Omaha, from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tickets are available to the public and can be purchased online for $25 by visiting www.komennebraska.org.
 

During the reception, the Komen Nebraska Affiliate will announce their 2011 Community Grant recipients and will recognize other Affiliate supporters who have made an impact in our community during 2010. In addition to the Community Grant recipients, awards will be presented to the Affiliate’s “Pink Honor Roll,” (the top 26 pledge-raisers from the 2010 Komen Nebraska Race for the Cure, representing over $35,000 in fundraising efforts) and the 2011 “Pink Tie Guys” (supporters of the Affiliate who happen to be gentlemen). The individuals being recognized Pink Ties Guys by the Affiliate will be Jeff Funk of Hassel & Funk Photography, Komen Nebraska Board of Directors member Jim Mulhall, and long-time dedicated volunteer Dave Kozol.
 

The Komen Nebraska Affiliate is part of the 120-Affiliate network of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting to end breast cancer forever. The Affiliates are the face and voice of Komen for the Cure’s global breast cancer movement in communities around the world. Through local events and activities, the Komen Nebraska Affiliate mobilizes and educates thousands of community members while raising funds to support community-based breast cancer programs.
 

About Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Komen Nebraska Affiliate
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever, and in 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Nebraska Affiliate is part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Komen Nebraska Race for the Cure, the Nebraska Affiliate has invested nearly $5 million in community breast cancer programs in a 91-county area encompassing all of Nebraska, excluding Thurston and Dakota. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stay in Nebraska. The remaining 25 percent funds national breast cancer research. For more information, call (402) 502-2979 or visit www.komennebraska.org.

 

 

 

Add your comment: