omaha, NE 68104
About Catholic Charities
Mission:"Mindful of the presence of God in our midst, we serve, empower and advocate for individuals and families in need."
Since1926, Catholic Charities of Omaha has been ministering to the greatest and most fundamental needs of the people of the Archdioceses of Omaha. To the voiceless, hungry, addicted, abused and forgotten—regardless of religion, age or income— we provide sanctuary in times of overwhelming hardship while opening doors for promising futures.
We provided over 70,000 services through our 43 programs in eleven locations helping more than 75,000 individuals and families in 2009. Our programs and services evolve to meet the increasing demands of our community and represent a seamless continuum of care to address the needs of children, women, men, and families at all stages of life. We broadened our services in 2008 by adding affordable, safe childcare programs; education, leadership and recreation focused after school programs; and senior wellness programs.
Catholic Charities continues our efforts to build a strong community through programs and services, advocacy, public speaking engagements, educational seminars, community events and workshops.
Catholic Charities’ 250 employees make us great: our passion and commitment to our clients drives everything we do. Every employee makes a difference in someone’s life each mday! Our heart is embedded in every volunteer; their dedication, energy and belief in our mmission and respect for our clients. Our support continues to increase from the Omaha community (individuals, groups, businesses, affiliates) as we partner to “Change the Omaha Landscape.” Our financial viability stays strong due to the generosity of our amazing donors, foundations, grants and state organizations who support us and the increasing client needs in our community during these very tough economic times.
Services: • Addiction Recovery and Mental Health Services• Affordable Housing • Children and Youth Programs • Domestic Violence Services – The Shelter • Family Enrichment and Support • Food Assistance • Immigrant Services m• Microbusiness Training and Development • Pregnancy Counseling and Adoption • Senior Services
Catholic Charities: providing help, creating hope, serving all.
- Annual Appeal Online donations at www.ccomaha.org.
- Cars for Kids Vehicle Donation Any vehicle is accepted, as well as working motorcycles, RV's, campers, personal water craft, and boats. Call David Klein 829-9241.
- Easy GiftsCatholic Charities offers the EasyGift Program, an electronic funds transfer (EFT) service, which stretches your donation by reducing the cost of processing your contribution and allowing us to better plan and budget for our programs. Your gift may be a one-time donation or you can make it a recurring monthly gift.
- Foundation/Planned GiftsKathy Fitzgerald Grandsaert 829-9261.
- Hoops for HopeNovember fund raising party before Creighton game.
- Hunger Doesn’t Take a Vacation June-August cash drive for our food pantries.
- Irish FestYou could make a corporate sponsorship donation to Irish Fest, our premier fundraiser, which includes silent and oral auctions, cocktails and gourmet dinner followed by a great dance band.
- Matching Gifts Many companies have Matching Gift programs which double, or even triple, tax deductible contributions made by their employees.
- Memorial Gifts Memorial gifts may be given or designated for Catholic Charities to honor the
- memory of someone who has passed.
- Omaha Campus for Hope Memorial Brick You can honor the men and women who have completed or are currently in our addiction recovery program by including a brick with their name on it in our Serenity Garden. Each brick (at $100 each) has space for two engraved lines with 16 characters per line. Your gift will last more than a lifetime and will go toward the sustaining fund at the Omaha Campus for Hope.
- Program/Service Donations You may select a specific service to receive your donations mby including that information with your check.
- Tribute GiftsYou may make a tribute gift to Catholic Charities in honor of someone's birthday, anniversary, graduation, Confirmation, or in lieu of a holiday gift.
- Remember90 cents out or every dollar donated goes to help clients!
- Development fund raising events Kathy Fitzgerald Grandsaert 829-9261
- Food Pantries food collection and/or sorting Mary Ann Beckman 829-9296
- Christ Child Summer Camp: Pearl Ferguson 939-4652
- Other volunteer opportunities Mary Ann Beckman 829-9296
Is this your business?
Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up!