omaha, NE 68132
About Child Saving Institute, Inc.
Mission:"Responding to the cry of a child."
For nearly 120 years child saving institute has provided a safe haven and healing for thousands of innocent young victims of family crisis and abuse. Today, the agency’s 120+ staff provides vital community services at 4545 Dodge Street.
At its very core, CSI exists to help children and families. The agency is tireless in its mission to prevent and treat child abuse and neglect. CSI has developed an exemplary reputation for utilizing early intervention and prevention techniques to help parents cope successfully with stressful situations, reducing the risk of abuse and neglect or having children removed from their homes.
CSI also provides hope.Staff helps nurture a positive family dynamic by recruiting foster and adoptive families for children and teens. Through the Heart Gallery, many older children and siblings have been placed in a loving home, their “forever family.” Through the doubly accredited Developmental Childcare Center, many low-income families are comforted knowing their children are receiving quality care and will enter kindergarten at the same knowledge level as their peers. Parenting classes provide opportunities for those separated from their children to learn new ways to parent through love, logic and appropriate communication. Parents completing these classes also have renewed hope of reuniting their family. The young parents classes provide guidance to help young women and men be the best parents they can be for their infant from diapering, bathing, playtime, and bedtime, to budgeting and health concerns.
CSI is funded byprivate donations, government grants and contracts, and the United Way of the Midlands.
- Memorials/Tributes/Honorariums – Gifts in any amount can be made to CSI to honor or memorialize a loved one. Please include a note with your gift indicating your intentions and an acknowledgement will be sent to the appropriate individual.
- Securities – Charitable gifts of stocks and property are gratefully received. Please consult a professional for details or call the Development Office for additional information.
- Planned Gifts – A Planned Gift allows you to choose the type of legacy you would like to leave at the end of your life and can help alleviate your tax burden. Please call the Development Office for additional information.
- In-kind Gifts – Non-monetary gifts from shampoo to car seats to non-perishable snacks that can be used by children and youth in CSI services.
- Volunteers working withChild Saving Institute’s children and youth receive 15 hours of training to prepare for different volunteer positions. Volunteers must be 19 or older.
- Mentor a young parent (age 21 and younger), help them meet their goals: continuing their education, reducing risk of abuse and neglect for their infants, learning independent living and problem-solving skills.
- Mentor a child (age six to thirteen, attending Omaha Public Schools). Assist them in developing social skills, increasing coping skills, enhancing their self-image, learning strategies for responsible decision-making, assisting with homework and providing oneon-
one support and friendship.
- Childcare volunteers are needed Wednesday and Thursday evenings to babysit so parents may participate in CSI parenting classes.
Office volunteers are needed to assist with filing, mailings and general office work. Gardening volunteers are needed to assist with the nature playground weeding and planting.
- To volunteer contact: Sherri Harris 553-6000 ext. 144
Is this your business?
Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up!