omaha, NE 68105
About Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska
Mission:"Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place."
ONE GIRL MAKES A DIFFERENCE. GIRLS TOGETHER CHANGE THE WORLD.
Imagine a new generation of leaders, who lead with principle rather than pride, who step across barriers of class and race, who see the difficult work that needs doing in the world and bring boundless energy to every challenge. They are today’s Girl Scouts. Everywhere you look, every day, in every community across the state, individual Girl Scouts or troops are doing something to make life better for someone.
Community service is at the heart of the Girl Scout experience. It teaches girls to be confident and compassionate citizens, who will make a difference—in their home communities and throughout the world. Girl Scouts bestows awards upon girls who take on community service projects; the Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards are esteemed honors that girls can achieve as Girl Scouts.
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCES FOR GIRLS ARE WHAT MAKE US UNIQUE.
We help every girl discover what is possible and who she can be, whatever she decides to do. The journey begins with the Girl Scout environment where a girl’s leadership potential blooms. It is where she can be herself and try new things, in an atmosphere that is supported by caring and devoted adults. It is where she can participate in opportunities as varied as the world is large so that she can find and grow into the leadership roles that suit her best.
STAYING FOCUSED ON WHAT GIRLS NEED IN A RAPIDLY CHANGING WORLD.
Girls now go further than boys in school, but men still go higher in business and government. Women now claim their share of professional and managerial jobs, but the officers and directors of Fortune 500 companies are still 85 percent male and only 15 of these companies have a female CEO. We are making strides, but have a long way to go. By pioneering Girl Scout programs in science and technology, financial literacy, healthy living, environmental leadership and global citizenship, we are staying focused on what makes a strong leader and we can begin to close the leadership gap. This will be their century. Girl Scouts is leading the way.
- Establish a Planned Gift A planned gift allows you to build a legacy for future ngirls to benefit from your generosity, and you can choose how you would like to designate your bequest.
- Make an Annual Gift A contribution to our annual campaign provides the funds necessary to keep Girl Scouts the vital and life-changing organization that we are today.
- Attend an Event Come to artVenture, April 15, 2011, at UNO’s Mammel Hall; an auction event featuring amazing works of art created in collaboration between girls and professional artists. Cookin’ with Cookies is December 5, 2011 at Regency Lodge and will be a colossal culinary culmination of Girl Scout Cookies and noted local chefs.
- Purchase Girl Scout Cookies It is the easiest and most delicious way to donate to Girl Scouts. Cookies will return in January and remember…they freeze well.
- Leaders and Co-leaders Looking for caring, compassionate, and enthusiastic volunteers to lead troops and help girls discover themselves, connect with others and take action to make the world a better place.
- Troop Support Share your special talents and skills with troops or just lend a helping hand.
- Office Support Put your organizational and administrative skills to use helping Girl Scouts behind the scenes.
- Assist at Events and Programs Use your event coordination skills or bring your special talents and interests to our programs to enhance the Girl Scout experience.
To volunteer or to donate contact: Melissa Murante, Chief Fund Development Officer
Is this your business?
Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up!