omaha, NE 68102
About Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska, Inc.
Mission:"Lutheran Family Services expresses God's love for all people by providing quality human care services that build and strengthen individual, family and community life."
What began as two Nebraska orphanages nearly 120 years ago has now grown to become one of the largest human care organizations in the state. Whether a child or family is in need or in crisis, chances are Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska (LFS) is there to help.
LFS is a community-based, not-for-profit, multi-service organization with 32 locations nacross Nebraska, Council Bluffs and Wichita. Through these three broad service areas, LFS serves over 35,000 people every year:
- Behavioral Health,including mental health counseling, sexual abuse /incest treatment, substance abuse treatment, gambling addiction treatment, and specialized counseling for children, adolescents, adults and families; At Ease, which provides trauma treatment and therapeutic support for active military, veterans, and their loved ones and the new Douglas County Crisis Response Program, which gives law enforcement 24/7 backup from LFS mental health counselors;
- Children Services,including foster care and adoption services: infant, international and foster care adoptions; plus pre- and post- adoption support; pregnancy counseling, respite care, maternal health care and family support services; early intervention and prevention services for parents with children prenatal to age 5, including specialized parenting programming for teen mothers (Centers for Healthy Families); early childhood mental health therapies, including trauma therapy; and specialized therapies to help parents attach to their children and prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Community Services,offering case management and other services to immigrants, refugee resettlement and support. LFS also manages one of the largest AmeriCorps volunteer service programs in the state.
The mission of Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska is to provide human care services that build and strengthen individual, family and community life. Services -- which range from prevention to intensive treatment -- are as diverse, and sometimes as unique, as the people we serve. Anyone has access to LFS programs and services regardless of age, race, religion or income.
The work of LFS is supported by caring members of our community whose contributions help make services available for those unable to pay fees. In fact, at least 85% of all donations go directly to client services.
- Cost of one session of a parenting class that will reduce the risk of child abuse and increase the parenting skills of a struggling teen parent- $35.00
- Cost of one hour of intensive therapy for a child suffering from the trauma of sexual abuse-$150.00
- Cost of one hour of therapy that could save a clinically depressed person’s life-$110.00
- Cost for providing one hour of case management/advocacy services to a refugee or immigrant to help them register their children in school, file their taxes, receive job training, navigate the healthcare system or learn about public transportation- $26.25
- Cash Donations for car seats - ($60 each) for teen and/or low income mothers
- Cost for one new, safe crib, plus mattress - ($210 each)
- Forever Families Guild membership
- Volunteers for Centers for Healthy Families in North Omaha, Council Bluffs, and Fremont
- Donations and Warehouse Assistants
- Tutors for ESL Classes
- Refugee Mentors
- Refugee Apartment Set-up Teams
Is this your business?
Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up!